Murder, Wetlands and an Endangered Species

Edgar Cayce and the Sheriff

          Written by Nelson Lynch

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Episode # 5

      She pushed the woman to the first
step. “Go on up and open the door. Chase him and that hussy back where they belong and I don’t care where that is.”


       “Stop pushing.” She stepped back from the step. “How do you know it’s your Grandfather?”


      
“I remember the sound of his laughter.” The man went up three steps. “Plus he arrived the very night he was buried. He was buried that afternoon and he was in his room that night.”

      
She stood still, making no effort to climb the stairs. “Have you seen him?” She waited a moment as the two people shook their heads. “Have you ever opened the door while the noise was going on?” She frowned as both nodded vigorously. “Well? What did you see?”


       The man reached out and took her hand. “Come on up. I’ll show you.”


       “No, no! I don’t think so. At least not right now. What did you see when you opened the door?”


       The man waited a few seconds waiting to see if his wife would answer. “Actually, I’ve not seen anything. As soon as I opened the door, it was quiet as a tomb.” He flinched as loud static came from the TV. Thunder rumbled from the kitchen. “Usually there’s a smell I can’t identify.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home